Friday, October 13, 2006

CL)SE BUT NO CIGAR

Weird Al - Close But No Cigar


Interview exerpt:
My favorite of the tunes on the album is "Close But No Cigar," so I was doubly pleased to see the video animated in the wild, rubbery style of Ren & Stimpy's creator, John Kricfalusi. How did you chose him to direct the project and did he surprise you with the results?


"I can't say that I was surprised with the results, because I think John K. is a genius and I would really expect nothing less than genius work from him. I'm so thrilled that he agreed to do this project. He and Katie Rice did all the layouts, and as you can see, it looks amazing. If I was surprised at anything, it was at how good the actual animation is. We sent the animatic and the original cels to Copernicus Studios in Halifax, and they did the video in flash animation. I'm not a huge fan of flash animation in general, but this was by far the best flash that John or I had ever seen - they really blew us away."-Weird Al Yankovic

We did some cool stuff with John for Tenacious D, With Genius Nick Cross doing the Background and crowd paintings, watch for it soon!(it's not for the kiddies or your mom.)

8 Comments:

Blogger kend said...

way to go mur, that video was amazing.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Blair Kitchen said...

Nice stuff Murray! You guys are great!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

Great video. Like all of John K's stuff I'm incredibly delighted, impressed, and disturbed by it. It's amazing what you guys did and do, I'm completely jealous.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Sketchaholic said...

Good looking stuff Murray!

11:08 PM  
Blogger mike g said...

positivilasticly wonderistic...
you dudes are number 1.
congrats to you all.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Incredible job guys! Can't wait to see your next one.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Josh Rodgers said...

Hells yes! Can't wait for the new vid! We'll celebrate with wings

6:37 PM  
Blogger Gene Fowler said...

AWESOME WORK MUR! - Give some kissus to Ugly baby for me, I know he had a hand in this!

MUAHA!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home